Regulations & Requirements
ASTM International (formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials)
- E2625 – 09 – Standard Practice for Controlling Occupational Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica for Construction and Demolition Activities
- D4532 – Test Method for Respirable Dust in Workplace Atmospheres
- E1132 – Practice for Health Requirements Relating to Occupational Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica
ANSI /AIHAZ9.22001 Fundamentals Governing the Design and Operation of Local Exhaust Systems
- Recommended Exposure Level (REL) of 50 µg/m3 (micrograms per cubic meter of air).
- Threshold Limit Value (TLV) for crystalline silica is 25 µg/m3 time weighted average (TWA).